Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kinky Twists

hey, So i've decided to get kinky twists to give my hair a break and to stop me from constantly having my hand in my hair. It's frustrating to be fingering my curls, get up and realize my hair is sticking straight out from my head because it's not relaxed and falls back in place. Plus, the guy I really REALLY  like is starting to hang around me more, and I don't want to constantly come up with new hairstyles and check every 5 minutes that my hair is ok. I'll try to do these twists for like 2-3 months, and I should have a good amount of new growth going on. I want to cut my ends before I start the twist and I did a protein treatment this morning. My new growth is getting thicker and my breakage looks like it is also thickening. most of it is shedding, but there are some hairs that have curly roots and I'm getting kind of nervous. I constantly have my fingers in my hair feeling the curls and planning what i will do with them once I finally have all natural hair. I really don't know what my hair will look like fully natural, but I am excited about my curls. Some are really coily and others have loose spirals that take up a 4th of the strand. My hair growth is not fantastic, but there is growth so no complaints. I want to start cutting my hair, but I have to buys a new good pair of hair scissors since my old pair has cut paper, string, packages, you names it, it's cut it. I don't want to risk my hair on that. I also want to try out castor oil for my edges. My left edge is a lot thicker than my right, but it is still kind of thin. My right side has a small bald spot surrounded by curly hair and some curly hair is sticking out of it. I want to get that to grow in before I cut my hair off in my mini-chop. I still debate whether or not I'm going to let it grow out or let it grow to a certain length before chopping the rest off. The middle of my head has the most growth and there is a lot of new growth on my side burn and the back of my head on the sides has a  lot of growth as well. The only spot where there is little to no growth is the middle of the back of my head. its like the roots are slightly curly, but i can run my fingers through there without any problem. it's like this small patch of slightly wavy curls.
So maybe by tomorrow I will have kinky twists and leave my hair to do its job: grow and be healthy. I'm going to look up how to care for kinky twist so to not let this be an absolute nightmare when they come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment