Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Growth at 3 months post-relaxer

I have a good amount of new growth for 3 months. Sometimes, when I'm just running my fingers through my hair, I come across a curl that is longer than the rest. I get really excited and rush to see it in the mirror. I am anxious to see what my natural curl pattern will be, and I already have a list that is compiling about what materials I need to get. At the top is hair scissors, because i need a new sharp pair to get ready to start chopping! lol. Next is castor oil, since I want to grow my thinning edges in, and then after that is extra virgin olive oil since I've heard that it is really good for hair. Some other things on my list are hair clips, spray bottles, pure shea butter, coconut oil, and some vitamins.  Yes I have way to much time on my hands, but so what? lol. I like to be prepared as I can be. I'm going to a Sweet 16 this Saturday, and I know what I'm wearing, but I'm worried about how my hair will look. The roller wrap works just fine, but it only lasts 2-3 days before my hair starts to thicken up again and I can't run the brush through it without breakage. I have these itchy spots on my head that pop up randomly, and I don't know what that is all about, but since I've been moisturizing more and washing, conditioning, and deep treating my hair in sections, the itching as reduced drastically. My mom says my hair looks really healthy, it's thick, and I haven't had much breakage so that is a good thing. The real work hasn't come yet though. lol. I'm only 3 months post, and I have at least 9 more to go. I want to grow my hair out until my hair is the length naturally that my relaxed hair is now. If that takes a year or two years or 3, I'll just have to wait, but I'm not really comfortable with short hair at all. I had to cut my hair to my ears last year and I was so uncomfortable and didn't feel that good about myself. My hair grew back really fast. This time last year, my hair was at my ears, and now it curls at my collarbone. my hair has just seemed to grow past my shoulders, but now I'm starting all over again with this natural journey. I know it's going to be hard, but I'm willing to chop a little at a time for thick, beautiful, natural hair. I watch other channels almost everyday, looking at their progress and predicting mine. As my curls come in, I like to finger them constantly and I'm caught many times at school focusing more on a long curl than what is going on in the classroom. lol I love my curls. They show me I'm that much closer to my dream. I will probably start making videos on Youtube to mark my progress as well, but for now, this blog will be my outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment