Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wash Day and 1st Length Check!

Since I'm going out of town, and will not be able to wash my hair until next week, I decided tow as my hair today. Last night I mixed Oil and conditioner together, warmed it, and applied it all over my scalp and on my ends for a pre-poo treatment. This morning I washed it out, shampooed and conditioner, and am currently deep conditioning my hair with Hair Mayonnaise. I'll wait about 20 minutes before washing it out, adding my leave in conditioner, and start detangling. My hair has gotten really thick over the past few months, And I have a whole lot of hair to go through every wash day!
..................................................................................................................................................................
20 Min. Later
I washed out the deep conditioner in 4 sections, then I put my Cantu Leave In Conditioner, detangled, and twisted my four sections in two strand twists to dry. One thing I've noticed about my wash process is that I find it near impossible to wash my left side as thoroughly as I do my right side because I can't get my head fully under the tap of the tub. I've found that putting the shampoo and conditioner in the four parts, but rinsing in two parts is much easier for me. I used a brush to detangle instead of my usually wide-tooth comb, and  a lot more hair came out with the brush than it usually would with the comb. My curiosity of detangling with a brush is officially over. lol (when I say brush, I mean something like below) Another thing I've noticed is that I'm pampering myself more now. I used to pride myself on my in-and-out bathroom trips, but now, I'm spending more time in the shower, brushing my teeth, cleansing my face, putting on lotion, etc. I'm not doing things like massaging my feet and elbows with baby oil, rubbing my scalp for at least 5 min every other day, and massaging my hands with lotion. I feel like I'm not only changing my hair, but I'm changing my whole body. I'm drinking more water, and making more health-conscious food choices. I feel bad after having sweets or a soda, and immediately needed to have something healthy to "counteract" it. This Hair journey may have been the best thing I could have don for myself. I feel like I'm transforming into a new person.
..................................................................................................................................................................
First Length Check!
OK before I go straight in, I have new info. My hair dried really fast in these past few months because I was using a regular towel, which I found out strips the moisture from hair and leaves dry. I was wondering why I would towel dry my hair and half my head already be dry. MY hair took like 2+ hours to dry, and this time I used a t-shirt to partially dry my hair. My hair no longer dripped after being dried by the t-shirt, but it was still full of water and moisture. When I researched the towel thing I found out, like a cotton pillowcase, the towel strips hair of moisture and even pulls on it, causing breakage.

Ok, on to the actual length check.
Front: 5 1/4 inches
Side: 8 inches
Back: 7 inches
Top: 8 inches
 Not too shabby ehhh??? lol So after my hair dried, I braided it and tomorrow I will unravel it, twist the front part and tuck my ends under in a kind of princess-y style. Stay beautiful and loveable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment