Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bantu Knot Out Week

Hi everyone. This week I decided to stick to one specific style ans try to see how many days I can work with it without co-washing or the hairstyle looking completely crazy!! lol. The first day, I did a bump n the middle and slicked the sides back to create a kind of fro-haw look. Not my best look, but it worked. The next day I threw on a headband and pinned my hair into a ponytail. I didn't want to use rubber bands or crush my curls. The ponytail gave the illusion of it being longer and fuller. Tuesday night, I redid my bantu knots, about 8 of them in random places so parts won't be apparent, and mixed leave in with water and oil, and sprayed my scalp and hair. Wednesday, I parted my hair on the left side, and twisted the right hair all the way around and stopped an inch away from my ear. I twisted the other side to my ear and left the remaining curls to hang on my left shoulder. It is my favorite look, easy to accomplish, and I get lots of compliments from it. Today, I parted and twisted my hair again but this time i twisted both sides to my ear, and with the back I gathered it up and pinned it upward. I put a cute clip in it, and this can be a protective style to do when your curls get old.  Tomorrow is Friday, and I already decided to just put on a headband and put my hair in a bun. I will pre-poo that night with queen Helen's cholesterol and seal with oil overnight. I saw this on a sight, and wanted to try it out. Saturday I will wash, condition, deep condition, and do a straw set. Now, this will be my first straw set, and I'm really nervous!! It looks easy to do, but my hair is pretty thick, and I will need  A LOT of straws to get the job done. Oh!! I cut a little piece of my hair in the back. My curls are so soft and springy, and they shrink up a lot, but I an easily stretch them and comb through it. I am learning that I am already scissor-happy, and the challenge will not be retaining length, but keeping my hands out of my hair and chopping random sections because I like the curl :)I will put up a video tomorrow with pictures of the different styles and a quick update.

No comments:

Post a Comment